How Safe are You from Falling?
There is an URGENT need for people who are active, and who look after their health and their home to protect themselves against the risk of falls. Did you know it costs Australian tax payers $1Billion dollars every year to pay for the medical treatment for people that have had a fall? You may not know if you are at risk. Early detection of the risks that may be present are important to avoid injury and keep your independence and mobility.
Please take a few moments to answer "YES" or "NO" the questions below. It will give you a guide as to how safe you are from falling and the areas of health that might need your attention.
- I have had at least one fall in the last 6 months
- I regularly take sleeping tablets and/or anti depressants
- I take 4 or more different types of medications each day
- I do less than 30 minutes of physical activity in a day
- I have difficulty getting up from a chair
- I feel unsteady when walking
- My foot/feet are painful and/or swollen
- I have poor eyesight
- It has been more than 2 years since my eyes were tested
I have/had the following:
- Problems with my heart, blood pressure or circulation
- A stroke
- A need to rush to the toilet
- A recent major change in my health
CareAlert have carefully selected products to assist in every day living CLICK HERE to check them out.